Thursday, October 29, 2009

TREMENDOUS

Charlie "Tremendous" Jones one of the pioneers in self-help once said something like, the only things that will make a positive difference in your life in the next 5 years can be boiled down to just two things: (1) The people you meet, and (2) The books you read.

I noticed that he didn't throw in the fact that a person needed "perfect vision" to make that positive change. However, when I took the time to reflect on my life as it stood a year ago I had to admit that it was true. I was exactly like the people I associated with on a constant basis (no worse but no better) and I was in the same mental place I was in since I had left college 3 years prior to that. Now don't get me wrong, I had grown considerably from where I was in 2001 but I had plateaued from graduation in 2005 until 2008. In fact, to be truthful, I had begun to slide back because the dreams I thought a college degree would bring me didn't turn out the way I thought it would either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming any person or thing, just the man looking back from me in the mirror. In fact, it really wasn't blame as much as it was confusion. I could see people all around me who didn't seem to have any more "on the ball" then I did, and a lot of them I KNEW I had more education then they did, but they seem to be doing so much better. It was like they knew some great secret that I didn't know.

I have to admit it wasn't just frustrating, it was downright aggravating. The good news about that is, that for some reason all of my life when I really wanted something to change aggravation was always the starting point. I just had to get mad enough to change and brave enough to let go of some old habits and strike out in a different direction.

It was through these new feelings that I KNOW I was led to Rudy and it is also through the NEED to change that Rudy was able to lead me to an awesome DVD. It is called "The Secret" by Rhonda Byrnes.

This DVD pointed out some things to me that set me on the right path to begin to grow. And I haven't stopped yet. Since I've started changing over a year ago I have watched that DVD over and over, each time getting something new out of it. This small change seemed to open up additional space in my life and soon a flood of changing starting coming into my life. The DVD led to audio recordings and self-help books that have started "attracting" more and more good things in my life. But the true secret to it all is that my future is still in my hands. To take the responsibility every day to move forward to my goals and dreams. Yes, this new path has given me my hopes and dreams back and I KNOW if it can do this for me it can do it for anyone.

And this all came from being tired of where I was and NEEDING to change. I've posted the link to "The Secret" website, and I know if a person really wants to change I can't think of a better place to start. Life can be Tremendous for anyone willing to work at it every day!

I know this will help anyone who steps out with belief to Thrive not just Survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment