Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THRIVING

I've spent a lot of time on this earth and I have to admit that most of that time I have been in what I call survival mode. You know, getting up, going to work, coming home, going to bed, and during that time inserting meals and play when it seemed appropriate (and sometimes when it didn't). And when I looked around I noticed that I was no worse then the next man, but I had to admit that I wasn't any better or further along. I realized that I had gotten the surviving part down but not the thriving part. For a long time I didn't ever seem to be smart enough to ask why. About a year ago that all changed.

It was at that time when it seemed like I was just spinning in circles that I decided I was pretty tired of doing the same old thing over and over. The dreams I had thought about when I was a child had vanished one by one until I had nothing left to hope for. but something inside me still wanted more.

I now know that desire is what change my life. You see, it brought me to a man I look at as being my mentor today. His name is Rudy and through his teachings I learned that, if I was willing to put forth the effort, I could have anything I wanted.

Of course I've heard that before, but what made Rudy different is that he didn't just talk about it, or worse yet, teach it like a professor in a classroom, but he lived it and had been doing so for most of his life. He had the "fruit on his tree" so to speak. He let me know if I continued to do what I have always done that I would continue to get what I always got. His solution to ALL of my problems was simple. He told me if I wanted thrive instead of just survive that I only needed to do one simple thing. I needed to change!

I took him at his word and my life has never been the same. But that's another story.

Hope it Helps

No comments:

Post a Comment